SHORT FİLM COMMITTE HAND BOOK
SHORT FİLM COMMITTE HAND BOOK
Specification of Competition:
The document prepared by UR.2430 Regional Rofife Committee Legal Affairs Officer and including conditions of participation to competition, competition categories, criterion for assessment and all other conditions is called as Specification of Competition.
Member of Committee:
Rotarians among the Members of UR.2430 Regional Rotary Club which has desire to work in the direction of Targets of Committee and assigned by Term Governor are called as the Member of Committee.
Advisor Member of Committee:
Scholars, artists and professionals having professional or amateur interest concerning art of cinema are called as Advisor Member of Committee with the approval of Term Governor.
Member of Jurymen:
Individuals taking charge in as being selected by authorized organs of Pre-Selection Club among the scholars, artists and professionals having professional or amateur interest concerning art of cinema in order to assess films participating in competition with an understanding in compliance with Rotary principles and categorical themes, adhering principals of Quadruplet Self-Audit within international norms are called as Member of Jurymen.
Club taking charge in establishment of Pre-Selection Jurymen comprising minimum 5 maximum 7 Members of Jurymen, ensuring meeting of it on the dates determined by the Committee and operation of it is called as Pre-Selection Club.
Selection committee that is established by Members of Jurymen suggestion to Pre-Selection Club of Rotary Clubs existing in geographical areas pre-determined by Rofife Committee and is suggesting 10 of films participating in competition from each category and 1 Members of Jurymen to Grand Jurymen is called as Pre-Selection Jurymen.
Selection committee that is formed through gathering of each 1 individuals which each of Pre-Selection Jurymen has selected via a common decision among themselves and authorized to take final decision each category of competition is called as Grand Jurymen.
Club that is planning and executing organization of Premiere and Award Night where awards of competitors who have won in the conclusion of selection of Grand Jurymen and guests will be entertained is called as Premiere Club.
Trainings focused on a specific issue in a short term of the individuals who are interested in cinema is called as Workshop.
Final Camp of Workshops:
It is Training Camp of students participating in Rofife with at least one film in the conclusion of Workshops after participating in and that is organized in agreed Universities for a week.
Short Film Days:
Film screenings organized in public spheres of related cities such as cinema halls, lecture halls of universities etc. in predetermined date gaps through the organization of Rotary Clubs in order to bringing films selected in the conclusion of selection of Pre-Selection Jurymen and/or Grand Jurymen together with audiences are called as Short Film Days.
Awards to be given to films which qualify to Grand Jurymen voting as finalist through the selection of Pre-Selection Jurymen and in conclusion announced as First, Second and Third in the categories in which competition is organized are called as Category Awards.
Competition Special Award:
It is the special award selected regardless of its category among all participant films in compliance with related Rotary term theme and called in relation with the topic. Award finds the owner through common decision of Grand Jurymen and Members of Committee.
Film Club Special:
Award that is given to film selected among the films produced by the members of Rotary, Rotaract and Interact Clubs all over the world through a common or individual study is called as Film Club Special Award. Award finds the owner through the decision of Members of Grand Jurymen.
Workshops Honorable Mentions:
They are awards created for the purpose of encouraging owner of projects turned into short film in the conclusion of training provided for the Workshop group in related Term. These awards are assessed separately out of competitive parts.
Award for Respect to Mentor:
It is award presented to maximum two Mentor Artists who has take pains for art of cinema every year.
Award finds the owner through the decision of Members of Committee.
Member of Committee:
- Ensures participation to meetings of the Committee
- Performs Introduction Presentations to Clubs existing within the areas defined by Rofife Committee
- Enhances participation of Rotarians, Competitors, Members of Jurymen to Premiere and Award Ceremony
- Enhances participation of Rotarians and Collegians to Short Film Days
- Enhances all individuals who are interested in and particularly Collegians to Workshops
- Works for providing sponsors
- Perform studies on it if it has a defined specific matter
- Supports university advertisements
- Enhances participations of Rotarians, Rotaracts and Interacts all over the world to the Festival with their films for Film Club Special Award
- Contacts with related bodies for private view of ROFIFE films in festivals organized in our country and the world
- Performs and coordinates Introduction Presentations to Clubs existing within the areas defined by Rofife Committee
- Works for and coordinates providing sponsors
- Supports and coordinates university advertisements
- Ensures compliance with committee calendar
Advisor Member of Committee:
- Supports issues in direction of its professionalism
- Supports providing sponsors
- Supports festival advertisements
- Establishes a City Jurymen comprising minimum 5 maximum 7 individuals and Scholars, Professionals and Rotarians living in the areas defined by Rofife Committee as much as possible
- Ensures meeting of City Jurymen in order to select 10 films from each category on a date between the dates of 15-28 February.
- Notifies selected films through a minute prepared on selection date and signed by all of the Members of Jurymen
- Ensures selection of 1 Pre-Selection Jurymen members as Grand Jurymen Members
- Ensures participation of selected Grand Jurymen Members to Grand Jurymen Meeting determined in Rofife calendar of related term by covering travel and accommodation expenses of them
Member of City Jurymen:
- Assesses films uploaded through orgin accordance with specification of competition
- Ensures participation to Pre-Selection Jurymen meeting
- Suggests 10 films from each category that it admires
- Votes for selection of 10 films from each category
- If it wants, become candidates for election of Grand Jurymen
- Votes for voting to be carried out for selection of Grand Jurymen Member
Grand Jurymen Member:
- Ensures participation to Grand Jurymen Meeting on the date announced by Rofife Committee for related term
- Votes for first three films placed in each category
- Votes for films to be appreciated with Special Award created in related term
- If it deems suitable, determines films to be awarded with mention
- Performs full compliance with CONFIDENTALITY decision taken for not to share selected films with public until Premiere and Award Ceremony
- INTERNATIONAL ROTARY SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (ROFIFE)
SPECIFICATION OF COMPETITION
Article – 1 FESTIVAL COMPETITION
Festival competition comprises 4 categories as “Fictional, Documentary, Animation, Experimental Film”, and films only complying with application conditions will participate in competition.
Article – 2 THEMES OF THE FILMS AND CATEGORIES
Festival competition will be carried out in 4 categories as “Fictional, Documentary, Animation, Experimental” films; and information of the category of the film will be determined by the competitor in the course of upload of the film to be performed through the website. In the case of existence of any conflict in spite of this notification, authority to determine the category will belong to Grand Jurymen of Competition. In the case of non-existence of films in sufficient number on the basis of category, Main Committee will decide for unifying categories or not awarding in such category.
As well as themes of the films to participate in festival competition are optional, films dealing with WORLD PEACE, CHILD and MATERNAL HEALTH, FRESH WATER AND HYGIENE, PRIMARY LITERACY, STRUGGLING WITH DISEASE, ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL PROGRESS that are constituting 6 Main Philosophy of Rotary will have priority.
UR 2430. Region “D-2430 Special Award” will be selected among the films dealing with 6 Main Philosophy of Rotary mentioned above regardless of their competition categories.
UR 2430. Region “Film Club Special Award” will be selected among the films made by Rotary, Rotaract and Interact Clubs and/or their members that are given charter by International Rotary and dealing with Quadruplet Self-Audit topic..
Article – 3 REGISTRATION AND DEADLINE FOR PARTICIPATION
Application date for participating in the festival is between the dates of 14 September 2017 – 6 February 2018
Applications concerning films to participate in festival competitions will be carried out by uploading the area on www.rofife.org website assigned for films and matters regarding uploading process will be published on www.rofife.org website.
In the cases of technical problems arising from uploading in applications to be carried out through web site and not being able to participate in because of this reason, responsibility belongs to competitor in full.
Article – 4 TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF FILMS
- Participating productions will be bounded by 20 minutes. (Credits is included in this duration.) Films exceeding this duration, if they are worthy for representing Rotary ideals, participation status of such productions to competition will be decided by the Main Committee of Rofife.
- Participating films may be color or black/white.
- Screen Size may be one of the formats of 1.33, 1.37, 1.66, 1.85, 2.35.
- Audio setting of films will be stated in participation form as Optic, Dolby Stereo.
- Competition language is English or Turkish and if the film is made in original language, it should have subtitle. Being in Turkish of subtitle is preferable.
Article – 5 DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED TO WEBSITE TOGETHER WITH FILMS
Participants have to upload following documents to www.rofife.org website completely for the acceptance to festival.
- Participation form should be filled completely.
- Outline of the film should be placed in related space as maximum 400 (four hundred) characters.
- Biography and filmography of director should be placed in related space.
- Maximum 4 (four) pictures of behind the scenes images should be uploaded to related space in the size of 1024*768 and in the format of “jpg, jpeg”.
- Picture of director should be uploaded to related space in the size of 640*480 and in the format of “jpg, jpeg”.
- If exists, advertisement poster of the film uploaded to related space in the size of 1024*768 and in the format of “jpg, jpeg”.
- If exists, festivals that film has participated in and awards that film has taken should be placed in related space.
For the films to compete;
- Participating Films should be made after the date of January 2017. Films made in a previous date are not accepted.
- Films to be placed in screening section of the festival will be decided by UR 2430. Region ROFIFE Main Committee.
- Sent productions will be archived in the archive of UR 2430.Region and/or archive of a University Library in cooperation with UR 2430. Region.
- Films will not be returned after application.
- Films that have participated in other competitions or festivals can participate in the festival.
- Members operating in Pre-Selection Jurymen and/or Festival Grand Jurymen cannot participate in this competition by sending films.
- Judgment of Pre-Selection Jurymen and Festival Grand Jurymen is final.
- Responsibility about copyrights belongs to owner of production.
- If owner of production does not want its film to be seen by third parties, it will upload its film to relevant space deemed suitable by Rofife Committee on orgwebsite in accordance with stated instructions and hence it will prevent viewing of this film by third parties.
- Rights such as publishing, copying, using etc. of the production to win belong to International Rotary Short Film Festival (ROFIFE) Committee.
Article – 6 ESTABLISHMENT OF JURYMEN
- Films uploaded to web site until the date of 6 February 2018 will be assessed by 10 separate Pre-Selection Jurymen established by our Clubs and assigned for establishment of Jurymen by International Rotary Short Film Festival (ROFIFE) Committee and films qualifying Grand Jurymen assessment will be determined.
- Festival Grand Jurymen to be established by selecting among Pre-Selection Jurymen Members will take its decision concerning finalists and ranking films at latest in the first week of March 2018.
Article – 7 AWARDS
- International Rotary Short Film Festival (ROFIFE) awards will be given to films to rank in first three degrees for each category by competing in “Fictional, Documentary, Animation, Experimental” categories.
- D-2430 SPECIAL AWARD will be given a film dealing with WORLD PEACE, CHILD and MATERNAL HEALTH, FRESH WATER AND HYGIENE, PRIMARY LITERACY, STRUGGLING WITH DISEASE, ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL PROGRESS that are constituting 6 Main Philosophy of Rotary regardless of its category.
- FILM CLUB SPECIAL AWARD will be given to a film made by Rotary, Rotaract and Interact Clubs and/or their members that are given charter by International Rotary and dealing with Quadruplet Self-Audit topic.
- In the conclusion of assessments, Festival Grand Jurymen has the right to give honorable mention to one or more films.
- Monetary values of awards will be determined by International Rotary Short Film Festival (ROFIFE) Committee.
- Festival Grand Jurymen may not deem films uploaded to related space in order to compete in International Rotary Short Film Festival (ROFIFE) worthy for award.
- Only authority of distribution of awards is International Rotary Short Film Festival (ROFIFE) Committee and participants do not have any objection right about it.
Ranking productions will be announced in award ceremony and on the website of www.rofife.org.
Article – 8 LIABILITY
- International Rotary Short Film Festival (ROFIFE) Committee does not undertake any liability for not being able to upload sent films to orgwebsite on time, damages and losses that may arise in the course of upload.
- International Rotary Short Film Festival (ROFIFE) Committee can take trailer copies from all participant films as maximum 1 minute. Trailers can be used for the purpose of news, presentation and advertisement.
- International Rotary Short Film Festival (ROFIFE) Committee can exclude films not obeying stated rules out of competition.
- Competitors confirms that they have read and accepted stated rules by marking related box on orgwebsite.
Article – 9 PARTICIPATION FEE
Participation to International Rotary Short Film Festival (ROFIFE) is feeles.
Article 10 – EXECUTION
Authority of Execution to Festival Competition belongs to International Rotary Short Film Festival (ROFIFE) Committee and Festival Grand Jurymen and authority of taking final decision concerning any problems that may arise within the competition is monopolized by International Rotary Short Film Festival (ROFIFE) Committee and Festival Grand Jurymen.